High Octane Racing Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The High Octane Racing Club (HORC) is here to give you some of the most action packed and very close racing, that online racing games can give you.

+3
cosworth king
WWR Nitrous
PLOW Champion
7 posters

HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship

WWR Nitrous

HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship

Post by WWR Nitrous Thu May 06, 2010 9:08 am

a think at the minute mate with only being half way through the clio season and only being able to run one lobby nothing will be mentioned, otherwise everytime they get half way through and the next season gets looked at everyone will give up again on the current one. would seem pointless running one at all if it keeps going like that, but thats just my opinion on why we havent seen a car list yet.
    WWR Basher
    WWR Basher

HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship

Post by WWR Basher Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 am

With regard to the posts above, Berty has been testing today and has posted some info up on the Forum HQ for Ashley to review and discuss with the HORC officials.

We have said from the beginning, that it is early days and although the HORC Officials are happy testing, practicing and talking with everyone about the next series, nothing has been finalised as yet. In the future, we have learned that it may be better to keep silent until we have found the answers, but in all honesty, I have enjoyed talking with our members about the issues and experimenting with different cars and builds, to me it is an element of FM3 that improves and hones your skills as both a driver and a tuner. It is also good practice to share knowledge and help each other out, i have been helped by a few of you and have learnt as a result, so thank you and please keep that going, it is a recipe for success!

The HORC BTCC championship is a fantastic idea and in theory at the beginning sounded simple. As we have all discovered from hours of building, tuning and testing, what appeared to be a straight forward championship is far from the truth!

I understand that some of you have worked very hard on builds and tunes, but having read Ashley's first BTCC Championship post i think we need to "chillax" until a soloution has been reached.

FIRST FORUM POST - Page 1 of this topic reads........

Season 3 is on the Horizon. We are hoping to hold some action packed racing in the HOTCC (High Octane Tourning Car Championship). Tourning Cars is known for the panel rubbing racing that puts people on the edge of their seats, we would like to bring that into Forza and give you something that requires the petrol head mind. Knowing their way around a FWD with 300 bhp pushing out. This is a perfect little championship for all them tuning garages out there.
    It doesn't just stop there, you get to run your own race replica/design with all the real Clio Number Box's and Number plates.
    We will be shortly putting the rulebook out. Just as a ruff idea of what we are running. You can only have 299bhp At max!! and it has to be FWD, Any PI and any FWD Car.

Apologies to any of our members who are a little disgruntled over the changes we have made, and i hope you can understand the predicament from our perspective. At the end of the day, like you, we are just trying to put together an exciting race series on FM3 where drivers can have close battles and exciting racing.

My concern is the negative feeling that has crept into some of our members. We are trying to organise exciting racing for everyone involved, so please help us to raise awareness, attract new drivers and keep the competition alive. The Clio Cup as Chris mentions in his thread earlier, is still running and we should make every effort to end the series on a good note!

Hope to see you on track soon,

All the best,

HOTCC - High Octane Tourning Car Championship - Page 2 Sigwwr

cosworth king
    cosworth king

Post by cosworth king Thu May 06, 2010 11:42 am

[quote="WWR Nitrous"]a think at the minute mate with only being half way through the clio season and only being able to run one lobby nothing will be mentioned, otherwise everytime they get half way through and the next season gets looked at everyone will give up again on the current one. would seem pointless running one at all if it keeps going like that, but thats just my opinion on why we havent seen a car list yet.[/quote

my maths are bad but yours are worse, lol.

2 races left of 8 is not half way. you make a valid point tho and i have to admit that as soon as i read on here the format for touring cars i was hooked and slowly lost interest in the clios as being in the same car can only hold my attention for so long.even so i have still made every race in the clios until last night and i know ive showed more commitment than many to the horc tournaments.

@ basher, you also make some valid points and your right that there has been a lot of dissapointment with some over the touring cars. im am one and have not hid my feelings from any of you. BUT even so i have still been able to bend with the changes and done my best to spread positivity to others who have stuck with the changes. i am a full supporter of the horc and i will go as far as to say that i doubt there is anyone who has tested and tuned more cars than i have and spent as many millions as i have testing cars. i have even tuned cars at a few different possible weight restrictions which may be called a waste of time but hey thats my choice and my time. my point is i want this to work and hope there is big interest in it.

Where i do get dissapointed is the closed ranks and secrecy instead of being open with members from the start.After all its a game not mi5. yes its not an easy thing to organise and i appreciate the effort champ puts in to it.

also bash you made a point last night that leaving horc over the changes is childish, but in reality this is not true. when you get dissapointed with something then your interest is lost and its easy to move on to another interest. it doesnt have to be sour grapes that makes that decision but lack of enthusiasm.

i also have to point out that the sentence after your red bold, "any pi and any fwd car" is far more important in being misleading than what you have highlighted as being the rules.

anyway peace to all and i was only wondering if there was any new news on cars and restrictions but its good to clear things up a little

Last edited by cosworth king on Thu May 06, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PLOW Champion
    PLOW Champion
    Admin

Post by PLOW Champion Thu May 06, 2010 12:35 pm

cosworth king wrote:
    also bash you made a point last night that leaving horc over the changes is childish, but in reality this is not true. when you get dissapointed with something then your interest is lost and its easy to move on to another interest. it doesnt have to be sour grapes that makes that decision but lack of enthusiasm.

Well if you didn't go fall in love and work on cars. you wouldn't have been disappointed and let down. We did say from the start the car list isn't the finally one and to be honest we still have 4 weeks till this starts so it will keep changing. We all have life's apart from xbox and need to get on with them. We would like to give you the best series and closest one we can this is why it takes time and stuff. With people going around trying to work out the changes is even more annoying! Because we keep getting asked silly questions, if you give usthe time we need we will tell you what is going on but when you go and try builds cars to what your THINK the build's are then we can't get on with it. Having 8 messages a day about a little change we made, didn't impress me much.

All i am saying is let us get on with what we need to and stuff, don't go chasing us and trying to work it out because the next day it might have changed and you would of wasted time and money!

We will take your ideas onboard and that is a motto of ours. But please just chill out and give us a chance. We have others life's than xbox and we still have a roughly 2 weeks to sort this car list.

Ash
    cosworth king
    cosworth king

Post by cosworth king Thu May 06, 2010 12:49 pm

PLOW Champion wrote:
    cosworth king wrote:

Well if you didn't go fall in love and work on cars. you wouldn't have been disappointed and let down. We did say from the start the car list isn't the finally one and to be honest we still have 4 weeks till this starts so it will keep changing. We all have life's apart from xbox and need to get on with them. We would like to give you the best series and closest one we can this is why it takes time and stuff. With people going around trying to work out the changes is even more annoying! Because we keep getting asked silly questions, if you give usthe time we need we will tell you what is going on but when you go and try builds cars to what your THINK the build's are then we can't get on with it. Having 8 messages a day about a little change we made, didn't impress me much.

All i am saying is let us get on with what we need to and stuff, don't go chasing us and trying to work it out because the next day it might have changed and you would of wasted time and money!

We will take your ideas onboard and that is a motto of ours. But please just chill out and give us a chance. We have others life's than xbox and we still have a roughly 2 weeks to sort this car list.

Ash

not cool ash and not true so please dont misrepresent me.i had a joke with you trying to guess the changes and it wasnt 8 messages a day so slow down a little.it was 4 at most on 1 particular day full stop.in fact your reply to my first message was "keep guessing" so i did. true or not?? i still have the message. why are you trying to make me look the ass??

Ash i suggest if your not mature enough to make a sensible reply then its best you dont make one at all.

edit: for your info the qoute you have highlighted wasnt even about me but rather someone else.

also i have tried to post in a friendly manner and have no hidden motive to upset or wind up anyone.
    WWR Basher
    WWR Basher

Post by WWR Basher Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm

I think we need a time out chaps, no one here is guilty of anything worth arguing about, we are all entitled to our opinions, and we are all learning after all this is a young club.

Steve you have made some good points mate, lets try and put things back on track?

When we (HORC Officials) get the chance, we will discuss things and try and come up with a set of rules for the BTCC series as soon as possible, that way everyone can get tuning and racing which is what we are all about!

Last edited by WWR Basher on Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    cosworth king
    cosworth king

Post by cosworth king Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

WWR Basher wrote:I think we need a time out chaps, no one here is guilty of anything worth arguing about, we are all entitled to our opinions, and we are all learning after all this is a young club.

Steve you have made some good points mate, lets try and put things back on track?

When we (HORC Officials) get the chance, we will discuss things and try and come up with a set of rules for the BTCC series as soon as possible, that way everyone can get tuning and racing which is what we are all about!

cool m8.
    Berty2d
    Berty2d

Post by Berty2d Fri May 07, 2010 4:59 am

I think everyone needs to chill! and what we need to remember is that its only a game and should be fun! Dont get me wrong im the first to admit i take the racing seriously but theres more important things in life, I turn to the xbox to get away from the stress and have a laugh with everyone online but the whole time people are arguing and winding each other up it becomes pointless to me. We did try to give people the freedom of build and tune but lets face it doesnt work on forza 3 so there has to be restrictions otherwise it just doesnt work. Please just relax and hopefully this will be sorted as soon as possible.

Regards

Mike
    cosworth king
    cosworth king

Post by cosworth king Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 am

Feel the chilling in this room, lol
    ok back on the subject then.

It would be interesting to know why further restrictions are being considered please? is it to make the existing car list more competative or to make cars that are in the pipeline more competative with the current list??

i have done some of my own research and dont want to step on your toes as i know you are trying your best but can we as a members make some suggestions also?

As the list stands there are 4 maybe 5 good cars which is great but a few more for me would be better still. weight restriction limits this list to maybe 2 cars so i think adding a few more cars to the current list with standard restrictions could work.

i have a few cars in mind i would like to suggest if i may

1: mugen civic 04...... 510 pi is around the max for this car but it competes evenly with the cars 30 pi more so is worth the addition but is not above the cars in the current list in terms of handling or speed.

2: 2002 acura RSX type s
    (this could replace the integra 02). this car is 2 to 3 mph faster on the straight than some but less on handling which gives very even lap times.(or used forced forza aero front and rear?)

3: honda prelude. again this has competative stats and performance with many in the list but is not above the better cars so is a worthy addition

4; M3 E30 rwd. brings in the rwd fans and is competative with the current car list of fwd straight out of the box.

5: possibly bring back the 207 as my testing has found it to be on par with the top runners??(maybe also with forced forza aero front and rear?)

cars that could be replaced on the list as they are not competative could be the ASTRA VXR,COBALT,TUSCANI and SENTRA.??????????

as lap times differ for every driver and different driving styles suit some cars more than others then i know my findings may be different from others but this is just my suggestions.

for me this would give around 7 or 8 competative cars that have their own individual plus and minus points but work out overall extremely competative.

feel free to reject my ideas or give opinions please. also if anyone want to fill a lobby with me tonight feel free to join me for some testing.

yours trully.....

a very chilled horc member..

edit: forced aero options added to my list for acura and 207
    M4TTN3WM4N
    M4TTN3WM4N

Post by M4TTN3WM4N Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 am

WOHHH!!!! After reading through this blog I am shocked at what is going on here.
    C'mon guys this is all getting a little bit silly and over exagerated now.
    We are all a part of this club and hopefully all here to enjoy some good racing and banter with online friends.
    The guys on here are working as hard as they can to supply us members with some exciting and competitive racing, but if things keep going the way they are I wouldn't blame them at all for not even bothering at all to organise races and series. Where would we all be then??????
    I must admit when I saw the provisional list come out I went and tuned a 207 and then found out it had been taken off the list..... Oh well, my faut for jumping the gun. Lesson learned........

Keep up the good work guys and don't lose faith...

Matt
    cosworth king
    cosworth king

Post by cosworth king Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 pm

M4TTN3WM4N wrote:WOHHH!!!! After reading through this blog I am shocked at what is going on here.
    C'mon guys this is all getting a little bit silly and over exagerated now.
    We are all a part of this club and hopefully all here to enjoy some good racing and banter with online friends.
    The guys on here are working as hard as they can to supply us members with some exciting and competitive racing, but if things keep going the way they are I wouldn't blame them at all for not even bothering at all to organise races and series. Where would we all be then??????
    I must admit when I saw the provisional list come out I went and tuned a 207 and then found out it had been taken off the list..... Oh well, my faut for jumping the gun. Lesson learned........

Keep up the good work guys and don't lose faith...

Matt

WOHHH! matt, lol.

no one got killed, did they??? flip your reply shocked me more than the thread..

you had me thinking a disaster had struck for a minute. keep a perspective though and let this die now. it was some misunderstanding thats all sorted now but i dont think its good for any more flaming of the subject and just keep this thread back on topic please.

just a hiccup but everyone has moved on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am